Contrail® – software for Reservoir Gate Operations
Automated Guidance for Gate Operating Procedures
GateOps™ is a set of automated management tools in OneRain’s Contrail hydrometeorologic management software that provides real time guidance for operating a reservoir through a rainfall or inflow event based upon the standard operating procedures for a reservoir or dam.
The goal of operations during a rainfall or high flow event is to properly manage the event from beginning to end without jeopardizing the integrity of the dam structure and without adversely impacting life or property downstream. The event is not over until the reservoir is back to nominal pool elevation. GateOps automatically makes calculations and analysis based on real time rainfall, streamflow, stage and water level sensor data along with other variable formulas, and presents recommended minimum and maximum outflow rates and prescribed discharge adjustments to help operators effectively manage the event and eventually return the reservoir to nominal pool elevations.
With real-time processes in GateOps, operators are guided to take appropriate actions and follow guidelines and procedures. GateOps eliminates manual calculation and possible process errors.
- Automated real time calculations and analytics using real-time data
- Easy to understand visual graphics and custom real-time dashboards allow for quick data exploration and targeted decision-making
- Event-based alerts enable operators to focus on the right information at the right time
- Accelerates planning and decision making abilities
- Supports historical analysis, prediction, forecasting, and optimization
- 24/7 web-based mobile and desktop access for authorized users
Contrail has special display screens and configurations for gate operations: