Contrail® – software for Dam Safety
Contrail®, OneRain’s Web-based specialized software, is a cornerstone of an Active Dam Safety Monitoring program. Dam operations are dependably and accurately monitored and easily understood. Combining locally sensed data with other data sources and forecasts, 24/7-supported Contrail® monitors customized alarm rules to notify safety officials of potentially hazardous conditions. Users have reliable information and peace of mind knowing their dam functions as it should.
- 24/7 secure access. As a dam operator and safety manager, securely monitor your entire system from anywhere at any time by smartphone, laptop or tablet. Contrail supports any number of users with advanced user privileges so authorized people can view and access only the information they need.
- Accurate, timely and reliable data. OneRain’s toolbox for real-time dam monitoring includes integrated instruments measuring reservoir elevation, flow, spillway, discharge, weather, rainfall, float switches, wind, temperature, vibrating wire piezometers, tiltmeters, inclinometers, seismic…
- Advanced warnings with EAP notifications. Customized early warning alerts sent via Contrail to the right people support better decision making for dam safety first-in-line responders. Contrail supports decision criteria and notification procedures for Emergency Action Plans (EAPs).
- Real-time data collection and analysis. Contrail’s Web-accessed system captures, analyzes, validates (QA/QC), archives and disseminates data in real time.
- Get the full picture in one place. Knowing what’s going on now with up-to-the minute visual cues, maps and graphical information enables dam operators and safety officers to quickly evaluate conditions at dams.
- Data management and reporting. Analyze past, present and future data with Contrail. Plan, manage and predict with insightful performance reports and recognize patterns. Hold your system accountable.
- Designed for high availability and reliability. Robust equates to good design and implementation. Ensuring that no single point of failure exists across the network and data collection platform is critical for early warning systems. OneRain’s systems offer multiple in and out paths for delivery and receipt of critical data.
- Decision critical operating data. Use our GateOps™ capabilities to see actual and forecasted inflows, site-specific ratings tables and outputs, display calculated and actual gate positions, calculate reservoir summary and weir flow, aggregate flow and power calculations, storage volume, evapotranspiration…
- System maintenance and performance. Routine, preventative and proactive maintenance programs ensure field instrumentation operates at optimum performance. Contrail has tools to manage field inventory, maintenance schedules, workorders and maintenance history.
Contrail has special display screens and configurations for dam safety: